Thursday, August 4, 2011

God is an "On Time God"



Friends,

I stepped "out of the box" so to say in ministry on Monday ... well, out of my box, out of my comfort zone of homeless ministry.  But I was far from uncomfortable.  It was a great time and I was truly blessed.

As some of you may recall, Emily brought residents from where she works to church on Sunday night. Well, that is where I started talking to Willa.  This sweet lady who sang "What A Friend We Have In Jesus" along with our ensemble.  I talked to her after church on Sunday night for a little, but they had to leave.

Well, Monday night after work, I decided to stop by at Summner to visit Willa, even though it was one of the long days for me!  But I know I made the right choice.  We had a great visit and to hear stories about her kids and her grandson.  She then talked about her family, how she was robbed by a cousin, about losing her husband at a young age, how she had two strokes and was told she wasn't going to make it, but though the grace of God she made it through and He has plans for her!  One of them is to encourage me.

She kept saying that "God is an on time God."  I just needed to hear that.  There is a song by Dottie People's called "On Time God".  It says "He's an on time God, yes He is.  He may not come when we want Him, but He'll be there right on time."  I needed that, there are some things I've been praying for and waiting ... and waiting ... and waiting.  And I believe I'm seeing this unfold.  God coming just in time and the wait is almost over.

Is there something in your life that you are praying for and asking God for?  Make sure you are in His will ... stay in the Word, stay in prayer, go to church and keep serving Him.  I am so thankful we have an on time God!

I will leave you with a verse

"God will make this happen, for he who calls you is faithful." 1 Thessalonians 5:24 NLT  ... I am claiming this verse!

I am looking forward to my next visit with Willa and the encouragement she has!

Serving Him,

Becky
Original post on August 4, 2011 at 12:17am as note on Becky Phillip's Facebook page.

_________________________________________________
Dottie Peoples - He's An On Time God Lyrics @ LyricsTime.com